What To Know For 2018
This page includes the important information about the benefits available to you, effective January 1, 2018. You can learn more about the plans, programs and services available to you by visiting the pages listed on the blue menu bar at the top of this page.
Changes to the Aetna Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO)
Please note the following enhancements to the Aetna DPPO for 2018:
- The annual maximum benefit will increase from $1,500 to $1,750 in-network and from $1,200 to $1,500 out-of-network.
- Preventive cleanings will no longer count towards the in-network and out-of-network annual maximum.
Change to the Aetna /Innovation Health Medical Plan
The out-of-pocket maximum will increase from $1,000 individual/$2,000 family to $2,000 individual/$4,000 family in network and $2,000 individual/$4,000 family to $4,000 individual/$8,000 family out of network.
Health Assessment Incentive
FCPS subscribers (the employee enrolled as the primary cardholder) participating in the Aetna/Innovation (AIH) health insurance plan will have an opportunity to earn a $100 wellness incentive by completing their online health assessment (HA) between January 1, 2018 and September 30, 2018.
An HA is a questionnaire related to different aspects of general health and well-being that is easy to complete in about 15-20 minutes. It provides a snapshot of your current health status and includes a wellness score so you can become familiar with potential health risks and receive strategies to help reduce them. Your individualized health report may also include information on how to obtain health coaching and/or receive other health or wellness programs that are offered through AIH.
The HA is strictly confidential and only AIH receives your information. Your health related information is not shared with FCPS in compliance with state and federal privacy laws. For 2018, the incentive is only available to subscribers.
For more details on how to obtain your wellness incentive and directions on how to complete your HA go to the FAQs.
If you're ready to take your HA, be sure to read the step-by-step instructions before you begin.
Aetna is now offering a Medicare Advantage product to retirees who are eligible for Medicare.
Retirees who are under age 65 and not yet eligible for Medicare, will have access to the same benefits, programs and resources as active employees.
Institutes of Excellence/Institutes of Quality
The Aetna Institutes are a network of high-performing hospitals, clinics and health care facilities that offer specialized care. These institutes focus on bariatric, cardiac and orthopedic surgeries, as well as on transplant support and infertility services.
Aetna Institutes of Excellence help patients who are facing a transplant or going through treatment for infertility. To be selected, a health care facility must meet quality criteria for:
- Number of procedures
- Success rates
- Cost-effective care
- How often patients return to the hospital
- Rates of complications
Aetna Institutes of Quality provide bariatric, cardiac and orthopedic procedures. We select hospitals that meet certain standards of quality and cost efficiency. We measure many factors, such as:
- How satisfied patients are
- Level of care
- How often people return to the hospital after surgery
To see a list of facilities and specialists, visit the DocFind® directory and follow the prompts to enter your search criteria.
- Below the "Find a Doctor, Dentist, or Facility" gray box in the center of the page, you'll notice a "Common Searches" list of links
- Click on the "More" link at the bottom of the first column (at the end of the "Hospitals and Facilities" section)
- Click on either "Institutes of Excellence" or "Institutes of Quality" at the bottom of the column
- Select the type of procedure and click "Search"
- Then, enter your zip code
- Once the pop up window appears, select "FCPS Preferred Provider Network (Open POS II)" in the Plan Drop down menu and click "Continue" to start your search
You will still have access to the following programs and services through your AIH plan:
- Teladoc - Consult with a doctor without leaving home.
- Beginning Right - A free and confidential prenatal support program.
- Member Payment Estimator - Find quality care and get an idea of what you’ll pay before you go to the doctor or hospital
Learn more by visiting the Tools and Resources page.