Medical Plan Information
You are at the center of a patient-centered, quality-focused medical benefits plan created from a unique partnership between Aetna and Inova.
- The network includes over 1.15 million health care professionals and more than 5,600 hospitals¹ throughout the U.S.
- Coverage is available nationwide.
- You do not have to choose a PCP and do not need referrals to visit specialists.
You also have two programs that are included with your medical plan:
- Teladoc® - A convenient, cost effective alternative to a doctor's office visit or non-emergency visit to an urgent care center or emergency room. Members will have 24/7 access to a national network of U.S., board-certified doctors through phone or online video consultation. Members will be able to reach a doctor from anywhere - home, work, or even while traveling. Teladoc is available 24/7* at 1-855-TELADOC(835-2362). For each consultation, your cost of service is equal to or less than the cost of an office visit, subject to deductible. Visit the Teladoc website to get started.
- Beginning Right® Maternity Management - A maternity management program that provides you with special attention for a healthy pregnancy and baby. This program is free and confidential and designed to provide you with the personal support that is so important to expectant families. Plus, you can enjoy the comfort, privacy and convenience of your own home. Some of the benefits of Beginning Right are:
- Information for a healthier pregnancy
- Special help for pregnancy risks
- Solid support to quit smoking
- Help lowering your risk for early labor
- Opportunity to earn a Health Insurance Credit.
*Teladoc is subject to state regulations and may not be available in all states.
Other highlights of your medical plan include:
- Preventive care for checkups, screenings, vaccines, prenatal care and more² are covered at 100% when provided in network.
- Other in-network services are covered at 90% of the plan allowance. The remaining 10% is the coinsurance amount for which you are responsible, after deductible.
- You may receive treatment from out-of-network providers, but you will pay more for such care. Learn the cost of care by using the resources and tools in your secure member website. Find out more on the Tools and Resources page.
- Vision benefits are provided through Aetna VisionSM Preferred.
- Prescription drug benefits are provided through CVS Caremark.
Click on the links below to learn more about this Plan:
- 2018 Medical Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- 2017 Medical Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
¹Information as of December 31, 2016.
²A full list of preventive services is available at https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-preventive-care-benefits/.