Medical Transition of Care
New to the plan and your doctor not in the network? Already getting treatment?
It’s rare, but it can happen. That’s why we include the Transition of Care provisions with the plan. If you are a new plan entrant and already in an active course of treatment through a doctor who’s not in your new plan’s network, you may be able to continue seeing that doctor at in-network rates for an additional 90 days after the plan begins. That will give you enough time to finish your treatment or find a new doctor in the network.
Examples of those who qualify for Transition of Care:
- Pregnant women in the 2nd or 3rd trimester or newly delivered mothers
- Cancer patients receiving chemotherapy
- Those receiving kidney dialysis
To find out more about the Transition of Care process, please call Member Services at 1-888-236-6249.
Ask your doctor to join the network
You can nominate your doctor to join the network:
- Just call Member Services at 1-888-236-6249 and speak to a representative.
- Or, have your doctor call 1-888-632-3862 to begin the application process.